Bathrooms can be small spaces, and in some cases it’s hard to fit a mop in there. But you still want the floors clean, so let’s look at how to clean bathroom floor without mop.
It turns out this job may be easier than you imagine it to be, and it’s certainly pretty rewarding too when you see how sparkling your smallest room can be.
How To Clean Bathroom Floor Without Mop
Cleaning the bathroom floor is one of those things in life – no one wants to do it, but it has to be done!
Mopping is all well and good, but what do you do if you don’t have a mop or your bathroom is too small to fit one? You read on!
- Start by sweeping or hoovering the entire bathroom, to ensure that there are no bits of dirt, dust and debris lying about.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and your chosen cleaning product, and dip a clean cloth in the mixture then wring it out.
- Starting in the far back corner, rub the cloth over the floor, paying extra attention to soiled areas.
- Continue until you reach the door, having washed the entire floor.
- Next, take a clean dry towel or cloth, and wipe the floor vigorously to dry it and to bring out a bit of shine.
There are a great many dedicated bathroom cleaners out there that you can buy, so you can just grab one of these from a supermarket.
If you want to go a little more natural, you can make your own bathroom cleaners very easily and cheaply.
A mixture of baking soda and vinegar is highly effective at cleaning just about anything, and the method of application is just the same.
You can add essential oils to this mixture to make it smell better; let’s face it, anything that makes the bathroom smell better is a good thing!
How Do You Clean A Bathroom Floor By Hand
Although it is not the most fun job, cleaning your bathroom floor by hand is a very good way of getting it sparkling clean.
Start by sweeping or hoovering, to pick up any bits of dirt, dust or pet hair that may be lying around on the floor.
Next, fill a bucket with hot water, a cup of white vinegar and 1/2 tbsp washing up liquid. Mix this together well.
Dip a clean cloth into the mixture and wring it out so it is just damp, not dripping – you don’t want to end up washing yourself as well as the floor!
Start in the far corner away from the door, and work your way towards the door, rubbing the floor firmly as you go.
You should rinse the cloth in the mixture fairly often, to make sure that you are cleaning the floor effectively.
Concentrate on stained or dirty areas, and places where a lot of people walk, as these will be the dirtiest.
Once you’ve finished, take a clean, dry cloth and rub the floor dry. You can let it air dry, but the risk of water stains is far greater if you do this.
And there you have it! One super shining bathroom floor, and you’ve had the benefit of a gentle work out too.
What Can I Use Instead Of Mopping Floors?
The answer, mainly, is water and cloths, and a lot of scrubbing! This is not the most convenient or quick way of cleaning, but it is very effective.
Getting down on your hands and knees with a scrubbing brush is not only a good way to clean, but you can use it as an excuse to skip the gym that day!
If you don’t have a mop, just get yourself a few good, non abrasive cloths and a scrubbing brush or two.
You will find that this is a good way of cleaning, especially in smaller spaces where it is hard to manhandle a mop.
Here is a video that shows you how to clean your bathroom floor without a mop:
What Are The Two Steps To Cleaning A Bathroom Floor?
Cleaning the bathroom is not the most fun, but there’s not actually all that much to it. In fact, it can be broken down into two steps:
Sweeping and mopping. Sweeping is important, to get any bits of dirt or dust out of the way before you start to mop.
Mopping is the final stage, where you clean the floor of any dirt or stains, then sit back to admire your hard work!
How Do You Clean A Bathroom Floor Naturally?
Keeping your bathroom clean is important not only for how it looks, but also for the health of you and your family.
Obviously you want it to be super clean, but what do you do if you don’t want to go down the route of using chemical cleaners?
Thankfully, there are a great many natural cleaners out there, many of which you can easily make yourself!
- Vinegar, that household staple, is great at cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms. Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with a gallon of water and clean your floors.
- Baking soda is another great cleaner; just mix a cup of it with warm water and use this to mop the bathroom.
- Dish washing soap is a good cleaning agent. Mixing a little of it with some warm water is a great cleaner – just remember to rinse it afterwards to avoid any sticky residue.
- Combine all of the above! Mix 2 cups of baking soda, 1/2 cup of natural soap and 1/2 cup of white vinegar with warm water. This should cut through any dirt and grime.
This useful article will show you how to make your own natural bathroom cleaning products.
Bathrooms are not really places that we want to spend more time in than necessary, and cleaning them is no exception!
Hopefully you now have some better ideas on how to clean bathroom floor without mop, so you can keep your WC as pristine as you would like it to be.